Terms & Conditions
We expect users of this Site to respect the intellectual property rights of others. We may remove material that appears in our sole discretion to infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others and we will terminate the access rights of any repeat infringer. If you believe a work you own that is protected by a U.S. copyright has been posted on this Site without authorization, you may notify our copyright agent, and provide the following information:
- a. A physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- b. Identification of the copyrighted work or works claimed to have been infringed;
- c. A detailed description of the material you claim is infringing, together with information sufficient to enable us to locate it, including the URL where the infringing material appears;
- d. Your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address;
- e. A statement by you that you believe in good faith belief that the copyrighted material identified is being used in a manner that is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- f. A statement by you that the above information is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright allegedly infringed.
Tel: +1 703.518.2500
All trademarks, service marks, trade names and trade dress, whether registered or unregistered (collectively the "Marks") that appear on the Site are proprietary to TESOL or their respective owners. You may not display or reproduce the Marks other than with the prior written consent of TESOL, and you may not remove or otherwise modify any trademark notices from any Content received through the Site.
By submitting, uploading or transmitting any articles, survey or poll responses, curricula, lesson plans, programs, ideas, feedback or other posts, information, questions, suggestions, submissions or other materials (“User Content”) to the Site, you represent and warrant that you own or have all rights necessary to submit, upload or transmit such User Content and otherwise use it for your intended purpose. You hereby grant TESOL a worldwide, non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, unrestricted license to use, copy, reproduce, distribute, sub-license, modify, edit, adapt, translate, create derivative works of, publicly perform or display, transmit, broadcast or otherwise exploit all or any portion of your User Content, for any purpose, in any and all media now known or later developed, and to publish your screen name in connection with your User Content. You waive all rights to any claim against TESOL for any actual or alleged infringement of any proprietary rights, rights of privacy or publicity, moral rights and rights of attribution in connection with the User Content, and you acknowledge and agree that you are not entitled to receive any compensation for any User Content you submit, upload or transmit in connection with this Site.
5. Use and Restrictions
- a. unless otherwise permitted by TESOL in the applicable Additional Terms or a separate agreement, modify, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works of, transfer, or sell any Content;
- c. submit, display or transmit any User Content, or any content via the systems or services on which the Site are hosted, in violation of any proprietary rights of, or your contractual obligations to, any third party, or in violation of applicable laws, rules and regulations;
- d. submit, display or transmit any images, photographs, graphics, links, audio files, video files or similar content with the intent to interrupt, limit or otherwise impact the performance of the Site or otherwise exceed TESOL’s bandwidth capacity;
- e. submit, display or transmit any spam, duplicative messages, unauthorized promotions or advertisements, surveys, contests, chain letters or pyramid schemes;
- f. forge headers, create a false identity or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to deceive others or disguise the origin of any Content transmitted to or via the Site;
- g. use the Site, Products and / or the Services to threaten, defame, abuse, assault, stalk, harass or otherwise violate the rights of any other person or entity, including, without limitation, rights of privacy or publicity;
- h. publish, post, display or disseminate any profane, obscene, indecent, unlawful, terroristic, violent or hateful Content;
- i. offer, sell, broker, purchase or seek any unethical, profane, obscene, indecent, unlawful, terroristic, violent or hateful services;
- j. collect, store, publish, post, sell, transmit or disclose personal data about other Members or users of the Site unless authorized to do so;
- k. upload or otherwise transmit files that contain viruses, worms, Trojan horses, malicious code, spyware, adware, sniffers, corrupted files or similar software or programs; or
- l. restrict or prevent any other Member or other user of the Site from using the Site, Products and/or the Services.
TESOL charge fees for certain Products and Services, including, without limitation, memberships, subscriptions, professional development programs, and publications. We may change our fees from time to time and at any time without notice to you. Unless otherwise stated, all fees are expressed in U.S. dollars. You are responsible for any fees incurred in connection with the Services, the Products and / or your use of the Site, and all applicable charges, expenses, tariffs and taxes.
If you have applied to become a Member of TESOL, your membership will begin immediately after we successfully process your application and payment and will remain in effect unless: (a) expressly cancelled by you within 30 days of the start date by emailing or calling our Customer Service Center or
Customer Service Center
Outside the US: +1703-518-2501
You acknowledge that TESOL may offer membership discounts from time to time and these discounts can only be applied to membership purchased after a discount is offered and cannot be retroactively applied at any time. Discount is limited to a single purchase per one customer. You agree that you will provide valid and accurate credit card and / or other payment or account information, which you are authorized and legally entitled to use to pay for any membership, subscription, or other Products or Services
7. Use: Members
The Site, the Content, the Products and the Services are not intended to be used by individuals under the age of eighteen (18).
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree that TESOL, in its sole discretion and without notice or any further obligation to you, may: (a) temporarily suspend or permanently discontinue your, and refuse any and all current and future, access to or use of the Site and / or the Products and Services, or (b) take any other necessary or appropriate actions in case of technical problems, objectionable material, false, misleading, unlawful or inaccurate postings, articles or other contributions.
TESOL has no obligation to monitor the Site. However, TESOL reserves the right to review any User Content, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such User Content, in its sole discretion, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. TESOL has no obligation to display or post any User Content. TESOL reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or User Content that TESOL deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request.
Any Content, Products, Services, prices, specifications, designs, conditions or product descriptions offered or posted on the Site are subject to modification or discontinuation at any time and from time to time without notice or obligation to you. Without limiting the foregoing, TESOL reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to charge fees for the use or purchase of, or access to, any products, Services, Products or Content offered through the Site, at any time and from time to time, regardless of whether such products, Services, Products or Content were previously offered at no charge.
You acknowledge and agree that any user name, login code, identifier or password (each, a "Password") is confidential information. You must maintain the confidentiality of any Password, and you may not disclose such Password to any other person or entity or permit any other person or entity, whether or not a Member, to access the Site or the Services using such Password. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for any use of your username, user ID, login and / or Password, including any fees incurred. You agree to notify TESOL immediately of any unauthorized use of any Password or any other breach of security of which you are aware. You may not use any Password that is not issued directly to you or approved by TESOL.
TESOL cannot be responsible, and disclaims all liability in connection with, the use of any information that you submit, post or display on the Site. You should use caution when posting any information, including personally identifiable information to the Site.
11. Links to TESOL Websites
We encourage links to the Site for noncommercial, informational, and educational purposes. By linking to the Site you agree that:
- a. You will not use the link to promote the sale of goods, services, or causes; to suggest endorsement by TESOL of any goods, services, or causes; or otherwise to misrepresent your relationship with TESOL.
- b. Your link will be in text only in the form of www.tesol.org, directing the user to the website home page. You may not otherwise use the TESOL logos, trademarks, or mastheads unless you have a written agreement with us.
- c. You will not mirror the home page (or any other pages) of TESOL or frame the content of the Site, in whole or in part, on your website.
- d. You will not present the content appearing on the Site as your own.
- e. You will not provide a link to the Site in any context containing content that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene, harassing, or criminal, or which may infringe or is in violation of the rights of any third party.
- f. TESOL will not be liable for any damages or claims arising as a result of your link to the Site.
- g. TESOL reserves the right to terminate any links to the Site at any time in its sole discretion, and you agree to remove your link upon TESOL’s request.
In the event that you have a dispute with one or more Members or users of the Site, you hereby irrevocably release TESOL and its directors, officers, agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, successors and assigns from any claims, demands or damages, direct, indirect or consequential, of any kind, known or unknown, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of, related to or in connection with any such dispute. If you are a California resident, you hereby waive California Civil Code § 1542, which says "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor."
13. Warranties and Disclaimer
14. Limitation of Liability
16. Dispute Resolution
If any controversy, dispute or claim arising out of or related to your use of the Site, the Products and / or Services or any of the Content arises, the dispute will be resolved exclusively by binding arbitration in accordance with the then-current Commercial Rules of the American Arbitration Association. However, TESOL will have the right to petition any court of competent jurisdiction for the entry of injunctions and orders for specific performance relating to your unauthorized use, modification, copying, distribution, transmission, display, performance, reproduction, publication, license, creation of derivative works, transfer or sale of the Site, the Products, the Services, the Marks and / or the Content.
17. Governing Law