Save the Date!
TESOL Advocacy & Policy Summit
Annually, English language educators from across the United States meet to learn about the inner workings of Congress, receive hands-on training on the fundamentals of advocacy, gain knowledge about the current political climate and trends as they relate to TESOL's priorities, and meet with members of Congress to share their thoughts.
2023 TESOL Advocacy & Policy Summit
June 20-22, 2023
Washington, D.C. USA
TESOL Advocacy Workshop
Would you like to build the advocacy skills of and empower the English language educators in your school, community, or beyond? Access customized training through an online or in-person workshop led by an expert in the field. Attend to:
- Understand advocacy at all levels – from grassroots to grass tops.
- (U.S.A. only) Engage in the federal and state legislative process.
- Increase community advocacy.
- Build advocacy capacity with current advocacy priorities for your community, organization, or context.
- Leverage social media for grassroots advocacy.
- Harness the power of storytelling.
- Plan advocacy efforts, from allies to opposition, from messaging to stakeholders and networks, to action.
- One-day workshop, delivered online or onsite
- Groups of 25, with a cap of 30
- Active and engaged learning
Ask about discounted pricing for TESOL’s Advocacy & Policy Summit in Washington, DC, 20-22 June 2023.
Advocacy Action Center
The action center is a free resource for all advocates, TESOL members and non-members alike, to find and contact their members of the United States Congress and state legislatures. Most importantly advocates can answer action alerts from TESOL to contact their members of Congress on important issues TESOL is tracking.